Re: File Name Case Sensitivity & Globbing! Was: file system name case insensitivity issue: Possible inclusion for the FAQ or User Manual?

* Edward McGuire (Fri, 27 May 2011 16:36:06 -0500)
> The globbing is not where the confusion lies. This globbing:
>
> $ ls xwin*
> ls: cannot access xwin*: No such file or directory
>
> works as expected and did not confuse anybody.

Lee begs to differ: "Globbing is case sensitive [while ...]. And, you
may never have been confused by that, but I maintain it's very
confusing."

> Here's what confused
> the OP:
>
> $ ls xwin
> xwin
> $ ls xwIN
> xwIN

Interesting that you know that this is what confused Lee - although he
doesn't mention it all in his transcript
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/126959).

Thorsten