This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: run startxwin on snapshot
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 00:28:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: run startxwin on snapshot
- References: <BANLkTikWt7C8Nk3Kr63Ut8roi5RsToA6gg@mail.gmail.com>
On Sat, 2011-06-04 at 07:30 +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
> Hi Cgf,
> on latest shapshots, including 20110604, on Windows XP
> running the X system through menu icon:
> E:\cygwin2\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c /usr/bin/startxwin.exe
> fails. The X server does not arise.
> No problem if I run "startxwin" from bash inside mintty.
> So I guess it is a race problem.
I have been seeing a cmd terminal flash briefly with recent CVS HEAD. I
suspect the changes in terminal handling have confused run.exe. Chuck?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple