This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[SSHD/mkgroup] sshd can't determine user-group relation when AllowGroups is used
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: All <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 22:49:57 +0400
- Subject: [SSHD/mkgroup] sshd can't determine user-group relation when AllowGroups is used
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Setting up an OpenSSH server on remote system, I hit an issue with
authorization. When setting SSHD to, i.e.,
I get a response from server
sshd: PID 540: User anrdaemon from 192.168.56.1 not allowed because none of user's groups are listed in AllowGroups
Was digging through mkpasswd/mkgroup, but nothing hinted possible solution.
Manually editing /etc/group and adding username to the respective group
fixed the problem.
But question remains - who should play nice here? Is it mkgroup not doing
it's job, or SSHD should threat it differently?
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 06.06.2011, <22:41>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple