This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: building and testing GCC, extremely slow in NTFS, fast in FAT32
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Chiheng Xu <chiheng dot xu at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:36:39 +0400
- Subject: Re: building and testing GCC, extremely slow in NTFS, fast in FAT32
- References: <BANLkTi=fMr5wUPKSZGUUAqn9A1f94vfdbg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Chiheng Xu!
> Recently, in my XP SP3 machine, building and testing GCC in NTFS are
> extremely slow. The just built cc1.exe seems to have some attributes
> or security setting set to wrong values, preventing it from running
> The problem will disappear if I build and test it in a FAT32 file system.
> I need some help to identify this problem.
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-5.1 garfield1 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) 2011-03-29 10:10 i686 Cygwin
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 08.06.2011, <14:36>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple