This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values
- From: Roland Bluethgen <calocybe at web dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:01:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: TMP and TEMP get redefined, but I need the original values
- References: <4DF4FDAC.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thorsten Kampe wrote:
If you want Linux TMP and Windows TMP point to the same directory then
mount it in fstab or use $USERPROFILE/AppData/Local/Temp.
I shortened the story a bit, it's really more complicated. The TMP
definition in my case is user-crafted, not the default value which is
normally set up when a user is created in the Windows system.
Also, this approach would defeat the intended purpose of the
redefinition of TMP (avoiding permissions screwup). Or am I missing
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple