This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GNU screen won't run; "chown tty: no such file or directory"
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 21:03:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: GNU screen won't run; "chown tty: no such file or directory"
- References: <20110613052827.GA2512@chomsky.local>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 6/13/2011 1:28 AM, Jeff Schenck wrote:
When trying to run screen, I get the following errors: "chown
tty: No such file or directory" in the status bar, followed by
"Sorry, could not find a PTY". Then it exits. I get the same
error in all terminal types I've tried -- rxvt-native, xterm, and
mintty. I'm running cygwin version 1.7.9 on a Windows XP (64 bit
machine). Included is the output of cygcheck -svr. I've looked
through your docs, mail archives, and Google, but not found a
Works fine for me under the same conditions (although I'm using
W7 and I only tried with mintty). What does 'cygcheck screen' tell
you? What else Cygwin is running at the time?
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple