This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:41:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4DF9385D.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 01:55:25AM +0300, Ryan Johnson wrote:
>On 15/06/2011 2:14 PM, Kevin Layer wrote:
>> When running make, which spawns shell scripts from time to time, I see
>> ../../version.sh: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable
>The list archives are full of discussions about this (did you search
>them?). The short version is that Windows vista/7 makes it "difficult"
>for cygwin to fork() processes reliably.
>> If I run again, it works fine.
>You're in fairly good shape, then. Be glad.
Since you did a fair amount of work on this and the work is in recent
snapshots, don't you kinda think it would make sense to suggest that
someone with this kind of problem should try a snapshot?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple