This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with emacs shell starting with 2011-05-05 snapshot
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:20:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problems with emacs shell starting with 2011-05-05 snapshot
- References: <4DF920BC.email@example.com>
On 6/15/2011 5:14 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
Starting with the 2011-05-05 snapshot, I can't start a shell under emacs. Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. Start emacs in a mintty window.
This yields the following error message in the shell buffer:
sh: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
sh: no job control in this shell
Starting with the 2011-05-28 snapshot, the error message changes to
Process shell aborted
Starting with the 2011-06-01 snapshot, it changes again, this time to
Process shell stopped (tty input)
I still get that error message with the 2011-06-14 snapshot.
This is fixed in the 2011-06-16 snapshot. Thanks.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple