Re: windows-to-windows openssh buffering issue

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <> wrote:
> On 6/19/2011 4:36 AM, Nathan Ridge wrote:
>> What I meant was, is it possible to write a different SSH server
>> implementation
>> for windows - perhaps a native one - that doesn't suffer from this
>> problem?
>> (And if so, do you know of one?) Or would all attempts at an SSH server
>> implementation run into this issue?
>
> ptys are a means to an end. ?They are not a requirement to implement SSH
> or anything else for that matter, if that's what you're asking. ?I'm not
> aware of many other SSH implementations on Windows. ?MKS and SFU each
> have one. ?I haven't used them though.
>
> --
> Larry

Tectia (owner of the ssh.com URL) sells a product that isn't based on
OpenSSH at all.  It isn't free or open source so you'll have to give
them money, but if you want to read up on it, here is their website:
http://www.tectia.com/en/en.iw3

It's been years since I've used it.  I used it before they changed
their name to Tectia but I'm pretty sure it is still SSH under the
hood.

-Jason