This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Altgr+space doesn't print th e expected character when using bash and bÃp o keyboard layout
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:33:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Altgr+space doesn't print th e expected character when using bash and bÃp o keyboard layout
- References: <AANLkTinFWQhA4rAJtYTr-NvC2pOgAgscGEsgq0S+m6CG@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 24 00:02, menfin wrote:
> I'm sure we are not a lot of user concerning by this bug so I just want to
> confirm it. It's very painful.
> Copy/paste also has an odd behaviour :
> - when I switch to azerty to paste a string copied in notepad, underscores
> are pasted.
> - when I switch back to bÃpo to paste the same string, underscores are
> replaced by null characters.
I didn't install bepo but I think I see what happens. At one point we
found that Cygwin didn't allow to generate ASCII NUL, which is usually
mapped to Ctrl+Space. The expression which special-cases this key
sequence just checked if the Ctrl key is pressed, but didn't check if
one of the Alt keys is pressed. I fixed that in CVS. Please test the
next developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ which should
be up in an hour or so.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple