This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: clear has been named clearw?
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:40:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: clear has been named clearw?
- References: <BANLkTinbLFjoz05DZO1qXhzKQ20gxYcC4Q@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 6/26/2011 10:21 AM, Andrew Hancock wrote:
> After some web surfing about how to clear the screen in cygwin, I
> installed ncurses. /bin/clear.exe is not there, but /bin/clearw.exe
> is. Nothing comes up on a search for clearw either in the mailing
> list archives or google. Just wondering if this was a filenaming
No, there are now two different ncurses packages:
The basic ncurses, which provides (among other things) /bin/clear.exe.
Then, there's the version that supports wide characters, called
'ncursesw'. To avoid conflicts, this package delievers /bin/clearw.exe
(basically, all the exe's are renamed to carry a 'w' suffix).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple