This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Portable shell code between Cygwin and Linux
- From: "Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgwmuf at spammotel dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 14:24:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: Portable shell code between Cygwin and Linux
- References: <email@example.com> <20110729201651.GB13084@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Sebastien Vauban (Mon, 01 Aug 2011 08:46:52 +0200)
>> My goal is to have just 1 alias that would work both under Win32
>> (Cygwin) and Ubuntu
> Why don't have simply put your alias definitions in if [[ $OSTYPE =
> cygwin ]]; then else"?
Because I really want one single definition which could work on every system
I don't like copy/pasting things, and just changing bits of the code, if I can
And this is not only for aliases. I'd like my shell scripts in general to be
able to run in whichever PC I'm on, be it Ubuntu or Windows.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple