Re: git-svn hang starting with 20110721 snapshot.

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 09:45:28AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 10:44:27AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>On Aug  2 10:58, David Rothenberger wrote:
>>> I use git-svn extensively in my day-to-day work, and I noticed with
>>> recent snapshots that some of the git-svn commands are hanging. I
>>> narrowed it down to the 20110721 snapshot. 20110713 is the last one
>>> that works fine.
>>>
>>> I realize this isn't exactly a STC, but I don't have the time right
>>> now to narrow it down further (or the skills, really). I've attached
>>> a script which reproduces the problem. It requires svn and
>>> git-svn. In the script, the first "git svn init" command hangs with
>>> 20110721, but the entire script succeeds with 20110713.
>>>
>>> I hope this is enough information to track down the problem, because
>>> I was absolutely LOVING the speed increase in 20110801.
>>
>>This is not enough for me.  I tried your script on W7 32 bit and Server
>>2008 R2 64 bit, using Cygwin from CVS as well as the 20110801 snapshot,
>>in in no case can I reproduce a hang.  The script runs fine (and fast):
>
>I don't see a hang but I do see a:
>
>error: cannot fork() for git-svn: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
>I'll investigate that.  Maybe it's related.

Huh.  I ran rebaseall before reporting the above but, on inspecting the
output from strace, I saw that dlls were getting located in non-rebased
locations.  So, I ran rebaseall again.  *Now* I see the hang.  Weird.

So I guess I can investigate the actual problem now.  FWIW, strace
reports that the child of a fork has died with a SIGSEGV but I don't see
the location of the SIGSEGV in the strace output.  So it will be a
little tricky to track down.

cgf