This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gdb-7.3.50-1
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:44:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: gdb-7.3.50-1
- References: <20050327022314.GA12247@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20060707221634.GA31813@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20060709174111.GA16106@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20080405202216.GA4943@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <announce.20110731172411.GA25180@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20110731175952.GA12698@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <1312271047.3500.32.camel@YAAKOV04> <CAGHJv4d9yK4XJGaNJzbuoSSDk5NEqyx87XVwHi-N7W_azdYHpQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 06:33 -0400, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
> On 2 August 2011 03:44, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> > If I may, based on looking at configure, you'll need libpython2.6.dll.a
> > in $sysroot/usr/lib and the Python headers in
> > $sysroot/usr/include/python2.6, and add -I$sysroot/usr/include/python2.6
> > to CPPFLAGS. (I wouldn't advise moving them straight into
> > $sysroot/usr/include/, their names are too generic.)
> Passing '--with-python=/usr/bin/python' as opposed to messing with
> CPPFLAGS, etc. might be easier. I just recently built if for MinGW
> and specifying the python interpreter in '--with-python' caused gdb's
> configure to DTRT (in terms of locating the header files, appropriate
> libraries, etc.).
cgf is cross-compiling GDB, which rules out using a Python interpreter
to get this information, as noted in gdb/configure.ac.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple