Does not work well: rlwrap + rxvt + cmd

I would like to run cmd.exe within a rxvt terminal on Windows 7. Problem
is that calling the cmd.exe
command history does not work (it seems that the cursor keys are not
passed properly to cmd.exe).

In one thread in this mailing list, it was recommended to wrap the rxvt
call by rlwrap:

  rlwrap rxvt -e cmd.exe

However, this doesn't solve the problem.

Any other suggestions? Maybe any alternative to the standard Windows
console? On Windows XP
I used the sourceforge-project Console2, but on Windows 7 it crashes so
often, that I am looking
for a different solution.

In particular, I like with rxvt (and with Console2) the ease of copyiing
and pasting text, in
particular text spanning more than one line.

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer <ronaldf@eml.cc>
+  If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,