This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Does not work well: rlwrap + rxvt + cmd
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:16:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: Does not work well: rlwrap + rxvt + cmd
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 8/24/2011 11:07 AM, Ronald Fischer wrote:
> I would like to run cmd.exe within a rxvt terminal
rlwrap is not the problem. Running 'cmd.exe' within rxvt is not
possible; cmd.exe expects direct access to the console host (csrss on
WinVista-; conhost.exe on Win7+). That is, it expects that functions
like those listed here:
such as ReadConsoleInput or WriteConsoleOutput will work.
rxvt is not what windows expects as a console host. It is a terminal
emulator, and basically communicates with the inferior (bash, etc) via
stdio pipes, and unix-style signals.
rxvt + cmd.exe won't work.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple