This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.9 Missing SIGPIPE?
- From: Peter Rosin <peda at lysator dot liu dot se>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 15:53:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: 1.7.9 Missing SIGPIPE?
- References: <4E833CB4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Peter Rosin skrev 2011-09-28 17:26:
> When I use bash to build pipelines, they sometimes don't finish but
> instead some process remains running. Example:
> $ tail -f -n 10000 log.txt | grep . | head -n 2
> Almost instantly I get the expected two lines of output, but no prompt
> back. I have to use ctrl-c. If I don't ctrl-c I can run pstree in
> another terminal and see this:
> $ pstree
This example is a poor one, as tail simply waits for a new line, when it
gets a new line it forwards it to the pipe and promptly receives a
SIGPIPE as grep is not there anymore.
I'll get back when I have distilled a better STC. If I can...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple