This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
New versions of tcl and expect? [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: version 5.45 of expect/tcl]
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:34:23 -0400
- Subject: New versions of tcl and expect? [Was: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: version 5.45 of expect/tcl]
- References: <4EA61179.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 10/24/2011 9:31 PM, Craig Miller wrote:
Please don't imitate our official announcement subject lines. This is
why I rejected your original post to cygwin-announce: that list (and,
fairly speaking, the subject line format) is for official announcements
by the duly appointed *cygwin* maintainers of cygwin packages.
In any case, I'll repeat what I put in the reject message:
> That's not what this list is for. Please open a discussion concerning
> this new expect on the main cygwin list. I'll point out that there
> is a long-standing issue with the cygwin tcl/tk packages, which right
> now are sort of frankenstein part cygwin part native win32...and
> efforts to fix that have met resistance for a variety of reasons.
> So...be prepared for an, err, "vigorous", debate...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple