This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cannot execute binary file
- From: Edvardsen KÃre <kare dot edvardsen at uit dot no>
- To: "moss at cs dot umass dot edu" <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 13:00:31 +0000
- Subject: Re: cannot execute binary file
- References: <1320143047.5480.78.camel@kare-desktop> <4EAFE5F0.email@example.com>
On ti., 2011-11-01 at 07:28 -0500, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 11/1/2011 5:24 AM, Edvardsen KÃre wrote:
> > I've built from source (gfortran) an application that won't run (cannot
> > execute binary file) and the "file" command prompts: PE32 executable
> > (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows. (Yes, chmod 755 is set for the
> > executable...)
> Here's a wondering: Are the necessary dll's installed properly?
> Maybe you would see this if the program cannot link its libraries
> during startup ...
> Regards -- Eliot Moss
I did "rebaseall" after installing a couple of necessary lib's.
All compiling (configure, make etc) goes like nothing's wrong (just a
few harmless warnings known for ages for this software). The only real
error displayed is the: cannot execute binary file.
I'll try to reinstall cygwin as admin to see if things change.