This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: -nolisten tcp -multiwindow combination crashes in XWin startup
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:10:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: -nolisten tcp -multiwindow combination crashes in XWin startup
- References: <1319954770.81475.YahooMailNeo@web114412.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <4EAEB486.firstname.lastname@example.org> <1320088071.46008.YahooMailNeo@web114420.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <1320088928.33967.YahooMailNeo@web114410.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <4EAFF999.email@example.com> <1320184235.73485.YahooMailNeo@web114404.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 02:50:35PM -0700, Dave wrote:
>Jon:? Thanks for the?pointers to the fork() problem faqs.? That and a bit of googling led?me to give rebaseall a try, and
>that appears to have cured my issue.? (For others, instructions can be found at
>Suggestion, perhaps more to the main cygwin team:? Since this issue is cygwin specific and?is a bit obscure (I've
>been using cygwin for a good many years, but this is the first time I've recognized I had issues from this), it'd be nice
>if users didn't have to learn about this the hard way.? Could running?rebaseall perhaps be automated as part of setup.com?
With all of your googling you didn't come up with any previous
discussions about doing this in setup.exe?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple