This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh public key authentication problem using curl
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: carolus <worwor at bellsouth dot net>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 19:51:32 +0400
- Subject: Re: ssh public key authentication problem using curl
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> After setup with ssh-host-config, ssh-user-config, and ssh-copy-id,
> public key authentication works with ssh but fails with curl. (Password
> authentication works with curl -u, but is less convenient.)
> curl -v shows:
> SSH authentication methods available:
> Using ssh public key file /home/cdr/.ssh/id_dsa.pub
> Using ssh private key file /home/cdr/.ssh/id_dsa
> SSH public key authentication failed: Username/PublicKey combination
> Authentication failure
What was exact command?
> However, ssh authenticates OK using RSA. ssh -v shows:
> Next authentication method: publickey
> Offering public key: /home/cdr/.ssh/id_rsa
> Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 279
> read PEM private key done: type RSA
> Authentication succeeded (publickey).
Again: What was exact command?
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 03.11.2011, <19:51>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple