This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin very slow under virtual box (productivity hit)
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 17:03:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: cygwin very slow under virtual box (productivity hit)
- References: <4EB47513.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4EB47CA6.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 11/4/2011 5:00 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
> Or, perhaps simply try
> $ PATH /bin /bin/ls
> and see if your problem goes away.
That should read:
$ PATH=/bin /bin/ls
and just to be clear, the "$" is the prompt character. Don't type it.
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
For years a secret shame destroyed my peace--
I'd not read Eliot, Auden or MacNiece.
But now I think a thought that brings me hope:
Neither had Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Pope.
-- Justin Richardson.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple