This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to log "fork errors", cygheap errors with syslogd
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:09:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: how to log "fork errors", cygheap errors with syslogd
- References: <loom.20111116T085739email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Nov 16 08:07, Heiko Elger wrote:
> I'm sorry - but cause of sometimes having unpredictable and unreproduceable
> cygwin errors like "fork error, cygheap check", I trieded to run syslogd to
> log these all these errors in /var/log/messages.
> But these kind of errors are not logged there.
> How do I have to configure my syslogd - or is it not possible to log these
> kind of errors.
No, it's not. The messages are printed using special debug output
functions, not the syslog API.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple