This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Perl not completely downloading for cygwin
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, Matt Pettis <matt dot pettis at thomsonreuters dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:36:31 -0500
- Subject: RE: Perl not completely downloading for cygwin
Matt Pettis sent the following at Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:58 PM
>I am trying to download perl 5.10.1-5 for cygwin through setup.exe, but
>it usually ends up at around 99% complete and then throws the error
>"download incomplete. Try again?" I've tried a couple of different http
>repositories, but I get the same error on the ones I tried. I do have
>Windows versions of perl on here (ActiveState and Strawberry), but I
>want this one mostly so that I can just run `ack' with other unix-like
>tools on my windows box. Does anybody know if there is a known issue
You might try splitting it up into two operations.
1. "Download Without Installing".
2. "Install from Local Directory".
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.