This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-1.0.2-1
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:55:02 +0000
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mintty-1.0.2-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
mintty 1.0.2-1 is on its way to the Cygwin mirrors.
Mintty has become part of the default Cygwin install. The "mintty"
start menu shortcut is gone. Instead, the latest setup.exe will create
"Cygwin Terminal" desktop and start menu shortcuts pointing to mintty
(unless setup.exe is told not to on its final page).
- Stopped setting LANG to the system default locale (i.e. "C.UTF-8")
if the locale isn't set either in the environment or in the mintty
options, as this is done by /etc/profile/lang.*sh anyway.
- Fixed a bug that caused attributes for the wrong cells to be picked
up when copying characters on systems with a double-byte default
- Added missing O_TRUNC flag when opening a log file.
- Take bold attribute into account when determining font coverage via
the OSC 7771 sequence.
- Ignore title request sequence instead of sending an empty reply.
- Reflect Cygwin 1.7.10 name change of pty master devices from
"/dev/ttyN" to "/dev/ptyN" when creating utmp entries.
Previous changes can be found at http://code.google.com/p/mintty/wiki/Changes.
Mintty is a terminal emulator for Cygwin with a native Windows user
interface and minimalist design. Among its features are Unicode
support and a graphical options dialog. Its terminal emulation is
largely compatible with xterm, but it does not require an X server.
The mintty manual is installed as a manpage ('man mintty'). It is also
available at http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.0.2/docs/mintty.1.html.
Questions and comments can be sent to the mintty discussion group at
http://groups.google.com/group/mintty-discuss or the Cygwin mailing
Please use the issue tracker at
http://code.google.com/p/mintty/issues/list to report bugs or suggest
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin" link on the
http://cygwin.com web page. This downloads setup.exe to your system.
Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
Â Â *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Problem reports: Â Â Â http://cygwin.com/problems.html
FAQ: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â http://cygwin.com/faq/
Documentation: Â Â Â Â http://cygwin.com/docs.html
Unsubscribe info: Â Â Âhttp://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple