This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.761)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:06:18 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.761)
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
A new version of setup.exe, release 2.761, has been uploaded to
- Now that mintty has become part of the default installation, setup will
create desktop and start menu shortcuts called "Cygwin Terminal", which
point to mintty, starting your default shell as noted in /etc/passwd.
- The desktop and start menu shortcuts use new icons.
- Remove "Prev" button from Chooser page. The behaviour was confusing
- In unattended mode, if packages were selected on command line,
install only those, don't also upgrade all installed packages.
- Various improvements so progress bar shows progress during operations
which may take a long time with a large number of packages selected.
- Fix hang when reading broken or pbzip2 compressed tar archives.
- Canonicalize mirror URLs so they always end with a '/'.
- Fix a bug which would lead to setup getting stuck on the dependency
checking progress page in unattended mode when a dependency of an
already installed package was not installed somehow.
- Correct the description of the -K option in help text.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple