This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Please include 'file' in the base category.
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:41:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: Please include 'file' in the base category.
- References: <4ECBADA7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Nov 22 15:11, Peter Rosin wrote:
> I'm following up on an issue discussed on the Libtool list . Basically,
> Libtool requires 'file' to be installed and breaks if it is not, and
> correctly so since 'file' is part of the POSIX base since issue 7 [2, at
> the bottom].
> The fact that the Libtool package in Cygwin requires 'file' is not enough
> as a casual user building some libtoolized package unexpectedly has to make
> sure 'file' is installed.
> So, please add 'file' to the Cygwin 'base' category, moving us one small
> step closer to the POSIX heaven.
Heaven is (almost) here. The file package is in Base now.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple