This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Machine very sluggish while compiling
- From: Spiro Trikaliotis <an-cygwin at spiro dot trikaliotis dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:47:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: Machine very sluggish while compiling
- References: <4ECEE88E.email@example.com>
* On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 07:59:58PM -0500 Ryan Johnson wrote:
> Lately I've noticed that running make -j4 on my quad-core win7-x64
> machine causes it to become sluggish or even unresponsive.
I have seen very similar effects on my Win7-64 box. I can force the
problem here just be running "ccrypt", though, I do not need to use "make
I assume it has to do with the Windows 64 bit problems of Cygwin (search
the ML archives for that).
For me, this is the first machine since years where I do not use Cygwin
because of this issue.
Spiro R. Trikaliotis http://opencbm.sf.net/
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple