This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Shell script - is this expected behaviour?
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at acs-inc dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:55:12 -0600
- Subject: RE: Shell script - is this expected behaviour?
- References: <Pine.NEB.email@example.com>
From: Tim McDaniel
Subject: RE: Shell script - is this expected behaviour?
>I don't have the time to experiment at the moment, but I'm pretty sure
>that some of the standard tools append a line terminator if it's not
>already on the last line of their input. sed or awk or gawk, maybe?
>Anyway, if you can stumble on such a program, it can save you having
>to write and maintain and distribute a filter to all your
FWIW, "grep ^" seems to do the trick.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple