This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: it seems a bug inside cygwin in parsing command line with double quotes and backslashes
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Dmitry Bolshakov <dmitry dot bolshakov at bridge-quest dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:09:48 +0400
- Subject: Re: it seems a bug inside cygwin in parsing command line with double quotes and backslashes
- References: <4EE60569.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Dmitry Bolshakov!
> when launching cygwin's programs from within windows's cmd
> if the command line parameter has two backslashes and is double quoted (e.g. a path to local network drive)
> then inside cygwin's program the corresponding ARGV element has single backslash only
> but without double quotes all is ok - both backslashes are kept
You can start right there:
> simple testcase
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 12.12.2011, <21:08>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple