Re: SIGHUP on pty closure

On 12/13/2011 5:36 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 07:27:23PM +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 25/07/2011 19.05, Christopher Faylor wrote:

"sleeping and waiting for signal" would mean that "bash is not waiting for input". If bash isn't waiting for input that would explain the problem. However, I would expect that bash, in this scenario, to be waiting for input. I was hoping you'd provide insight into whether that was the case or not.

Sorry, I will try to be more clear, for what I understood of mc.

With CTRL-O the foreground is switched between mc and bash
(or viceversa) , so when mc is on foreground bash is not
waiting for input, but for a signal to wake up again.

Mc exits following F10 key press and bash should follow
when it receives SIGHUP.

I tracked down a place where SIGHUP was not getting sent correctly so I may have fixed this in recent snapshots. No guarantees though.

Hi cgf, latest CVS seems to work, I will test more in the coming days. Thanks.

Not related, but building the test case (on latest CVS)
I noticed a pipe fault.
make[3]: Entering directory `/pub/devel/mc/prova/mc-'
CC libsearch_la-search.lo
CC libsearch_la-lib.lo
CC libsearch_la-normal.lo
CC libsearch_la-regex.lo
CC libsearch_la-glob.lo
make[3]: *** read jobs pipe: Bad address. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/pub/devel/mc/prova/mc-'
the machine was building two programs at the same time with
additional tasks running so a bit loaded.