This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: question on where to direct a query
- From: marco atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:10:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: question on where to direct a query
- References: <4F040361.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 1/4/2012 8:44 AM, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
I am running code on a Fedora box and a WinXP box under cygwin.
When I run a make with g++, I am seeing message of "recipe for target
'whatever' failed". I do not see these under Fedora. Though it may seem
like a minor point, it is a bit of a pain when trying to filter any
Is this a Cygwin issue that I should be getting an example together for
or is it a make issue .. in which case where is the right place to
submit that targets both "make" and "cygwin"?
for make on cygwin issues, this list is fine.
To catch all the build message I suggest something like:
make 2>&1 |tee make.log
and show us the relevant make.log portion
Thanks in advance,
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple