Re: Install crash

Marco,
  I have nod32. I turn off it and install cygwin again. My attempt finished by restarting windows. I use cygwin and nod32 for 2 years without any problems. I updated cygwin several times without any problem. Newest version caused me these problems. Do you have any idea? Is there any log during installation?

Michal

On 1/4/2012 11:08 AM, jamich - Post wrote:

> I have a problem. I downloaded cygwin setup and run on my pc with windows xp.
> I let all setting in default state. I selected source of binaries and I installed it.
> During installing binaries on my pc it was suddenly restarted. Installation was not successfull.
 > I tried it several times but all my attempts finished by restarting
pc. Could anyone help me?

> Thanks,
>    Michal

setup should not be able to restart your pc, it seems
a bugged Driver or Antivirus.

I saw in the past antivirus choking on bz2 compressed files

anything in this list ?
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Regards
Marco