This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Install crash
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:15:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: Install crash
- References: <140F2E69B4E74AF5845E6C780839A4E5@1085w>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 1/4/2012 6:44 AM, jamich - Post wrote:
do you know how to install previous version of cygwin? Is there any way
how to do it?
As Marco mentioned, setup.exe is a user-space program, not a kernel one.
Therefore, it is not possible for it to be crashing your system. If you
are experiencing a blue-screen or any kind of O/S crash, this can only
be initiated by kernel-level code. Beyond the obvious O/S code itself,
things like hardware drivers and some virus and malware detectors fall
into this category. Your best bet is to look at any recent O/S, driver,
virus, and malware updates or additions that could be responsible.
Looking for a Cygwin-specific solution is at best a time-sink.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple