This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] CALL FOR TESTING: Cygwin 1.7.10
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:59:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] CALL FOR TESTING: Cygwin 1.7.10
- References: <announce.20111206093746.GA6222@calimero.vinschen.de> <20111206152107.GA2998@lamasti.net> <20111206152710.GD3934@calimero.vinschen.de> <20111206153104.GE3934@calimero.vinschen.de> <20111207092335.GD2998@lamasti.net> <20111207114551.GI16033@calimero.vinschen.de> <20111207124025.GE19579@lamasti.net> <20111207154736.GC2887@lamasti.net> <20111208084745.GD6602@calimero.vinschen.de> <20111211203239.GC2826@type> <20111212085856.GQ6602@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 1/8/2012 4:45 PM, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
On Dec 11 21:32, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Corinna Vinschen, le Thu 08 Dec 2011 09:47:45 +0100, a écrit :
Too bad. In that case, Samuel, can you please have a closer look to
see what broke brltty?
The switch to mintty, simply. Brltty uses ReadConsoleOutputCharacter()
to get the text from consoles, I bet mintty does not implement this.
Lars thus needs cygwin to be able to run from a standard windows console
Lars wrote in http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-12/msg00124.html
that he always starts Cygwin from cmd.exe.
Yes, right. After starting Cygwin, I run BRLTTY to fire up my braille
display. Do you plan to drop Cygwin's support for running under CMD?
I don't hope so.
It's always been possible to run Cygwin programs from cmd.exe and there is
no plan to change that. But the default is now to start mintty from
cygwin.bat where previously it was cmd.exe. Mintty is much more
configurable and generally provides a better user experience than cmd.exe.
That's the reason for the change.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple