This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cannot implement -x switch for diff
- From: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:17:52 +0000
- Subject: Cannot implement -x switch for diff
I want to compare the contents of two large directories whilst omitting
two subdirectories console5/ and console7/ common to both. But using any
diff -rq /d1 /d2 -x console
diff -rq /d1 /d2 -x console.
diff -rq /d1 /d2 -x "console./"
(and several others I thought might work) the subdirectories are not
(I've tried -X with a file argument though I prefer -x with a pattern
argument as above with no requirement to create files. Also, I would
like to utilise the trailing / after -x so that any files that happened
to be named console* would undergo comparison, only the subdirectories
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple