This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cannot implement -x switch for diff
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 11:05:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cannot implement -x switch for diff
- References: <4F0EA540.email@example.com>
On 12/01/2012 09:17, Fergus wrote:
> I want to compare the contents of two large directories whilst omitting
> two subdirectories console5/ and console7/ common to both. But using any
> combination of
> diff -rq /d1 /d2 -x console
> diff -rq /d1 /d2 -x console.
> diff -rq /d1 /d2 -x "console./"
That's regex notation. Have you tried a glob pattern instead?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple