Re: Don't want executive attribute

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Pan ruochen wrote:

> Actually I don't have any problem about this.
> I just want cygwin more colorful as most of *NIX terminals do, i.e.
> red for tar/zip files, green for executables.
> And I notice that if I touch a new file on cygiwn, the new-created
> file has no executable attribute.
> Based on that, I wonder whether I can change the default attributes
> for files which have existed before cygwin is installed.

If you create a file using Cygwin programs (e.g. touch), usually it
won't have the executable bit (unless it's the linker or some other
program which is meant to create executables.
However, files created by (non-Cygwin) Windows programs appear as
executable to Cygwin (run ls -l on /cygdrive/c/Users/*/Documents and
you'll see all files with the x bit).

Hope this helps,
Csaba