This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fifo rewrite for Google Summer of Code project
- From: bob 295 <icanprogram at 295 dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:50:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: fifo rewrite for Google Summer of Code project
>On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 09:29:41AM -0500, bob 295 wrote:
>>Last spring we tried to port our SIMPL project code to Cygwin but fell
>>acropper of the known fifo issues in Cygwin. We haven't been able to find
>>expertise to contribute to a rewrite of the fifo functionality.
>>I would like to nominate the cygwin fifo rewrite for a Google Summer of
>>Code 2012 project. Hopefully the deadline hasn't passed.
>fifos have been rewritten in 1.7.10. But, then, I don't think we really
>have the organization to handle a Google Summer of Code project anyway.
I'm on the Cygwin list in digest mode, so my apologies if this note isn't
threaded properly in the archives.
The "we" refers to the developers in the SIMPL project
I just had one of the developers download the latest Cygwin and retry the test
code from last April. See archives under
* From: bob 295 <icanprogram at 295 dot ca>
* To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
* Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:34:16 -0400
* Subject: needed feature in Cygwin fifos
Fifo's still have the same problems as far as we can tell.
However, I think the latest public release is 1.7.9-1. How do we get
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple