This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ssh pubkey exchange failing at send_pubkey_test
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:05:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: ssh pubkey exchange failing at send_pubkey_test
- References: <4F198547.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 1/20/2012 10:16 AM, Hans-Georg Scherneck wrote:
My cygwin runs on a Windows 7. My problem is similar to a previous one
* /From/: Christophe Sauthier <christophe dot sauthier at gmail dot com>
* /To/: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
* /Date/: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:39:14 +0200
* /Subject/: Re: Strange behaviour of Openssh
however it's really different. My problem occurs earlier in the process.
I try to log in with ssh passwordless into a server that I've set up. sshd
is running there. I can log in with password.
When I set up the crypto (ssh-keygen -t ecdsa) and install the pub key at
the host, I can't login anymore, not by defaulting to password either.
How did you configure ssh? Did you run ssh-user-config?
Does it work with the default rsa key?
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple