This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Putty and pre-shared keys with Cygwin's sshd
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:39:37 +0400
- Subject: Re: Putty and pre-shared keys with Cygwin's sshd
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Andrew DeFaria!
> Now putty does work but I like having pre-shared keys with ssh sessions.
> But I can't seem to get Putty's PuttyGen generated ssh keys to work with
> Cygwin's sshd.
Then you're doing something wrong.
> <http://the.earth.li/%7Esgtatham/putty/0.58/htmldoc/Chapter8.html#pubkey> states
> to basically use PuttyGen to generate the key then copy and paste it
> into your ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file. I do that but when I try to ssh
> in from a remote system using Putty I keep getting prompted for a
> password. Does anybody know how to fix/configure this?
You didn't said anything to help you.
What key type you generate? How do you save both parts of the key?
You said you copied public key, did you saved private key as well?
Or you just assumed it was saved somewhere automatically?
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 21.01.2012, <16:36>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple