This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what happened to [PATCH] setup -e, --separate-src-dirs option (http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2011-12/msg00022.html)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 13:23:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: what happened to [PATCH] setup -e, --separate-src-dirs option (http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-apps/2011-12/msg00022.html)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 07:54:04AM -0800, Hans Horn wrote:
>On 1/17/2012 10:39 AM, Hans Horn wrote:
>> As subject line says.
>> As far as I recall, this got a lot of +1 votes.
>Nothing? Not even an insult? That's disappointing
Not an insult but if you were reading the thread you saw that I had a
problem with the approach. I'd rather not burden setup.exe with unneeded
code when the problem could be handled either by the package maintainer
or by changing the way files are uploaded to sourceware.
I started working on a new mechanism for uploading packages to
sourceware. It requires uploading a new package to a staging area where
a validity check (and maybe package massaging) is done before a package
is moved to the release area. But, I was bogged down by home computer
problems and haven't finished it yet. I will get to it in the next
month or so, however.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple