This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: uid is 0 on first open of cygwin window, nonzero next time
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 18:20:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: uid is 0 on first open of cygwin window, nonzero next time
- References: <BAY158-W2213A20AEF540AD4CB468FB1880@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 25 16:24, Saurabh T wrote:
> When I open a cygwin window for the first time (that is, when no other
> cygwin window is open), uid and group are 0 (superuser/root; however
> username is correctly mentioned). Upon subsequent opens (without
> closing the first), a reasonable uid is set (1004). This is with
> latest cygwin, bash shell, on windows 7. What might be the problem?
AFAICS this is a bug in Cygwin which we have fixed in CVS about a
month ago. Can you please replace your cygwin1.dll with the one
from the latest developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
and try if it fixes your problem?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple