This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setting up a xdmcp to ubuntu 11.10 w/lightdm
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Scott Webster Wood <TreII28 at Yahoo dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 21:28:14 +0400
- Subject: Re: setting up a xdmcp to ubuntu 11.10 w/lightdm
- References: <4F1FA808.3000809@Yahoo.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Scott Webster Wood!
> Does anyone know how to configure cygwin to do xdmcp to the new ubuntu
I'd start asking this on ubuntuforums.org or your local Debian/Ubuntu forum.
> It appears to have swapped out the old gdm for lightdm. I found
> the conf option that supposedly turns it on to listen for xdmcp and see
> an entry in the lightdm log that says xdmcp reception is enabled but
> when I try to connect with the same old command I used to use to connect
> to the gdm connection, it doesn't work. What might I be missing? I can't
> even get a response on port 6000. Does it need a hosts.allow entry or
> something and if so what is the syntax for lightdm? I checked for
> iptables but it showed nothing enabled/disabled - is there some other
> firewall running in the newer ubuntu dists?
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 25.01.2012, <21:27>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple