This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "git clone" over ssh fails intermittently w/snapshot 20120123
- From: Kevin Layer <layer at franz dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:32:54 -0800
- Subject: Re: "git clone" over ssh fails intermittently w/snapshot 20120123
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I don't know what happened to the email in transit, but much
information at the head of the email was chopped off. From my outbox,
here's the missing bit:
This is the failure mode:
$ rm -fr test; git clone git:/repo/git/composer test
Cloning into test...
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
That is not using the git protocol. The machine is called `git'.
It fails most of the time, but it definitely works sometimes, and even
has stretches of successes.
At first, I thought it was isolated to large repos, but it definitely
happened on some smaller ones.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple