This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
OpenSSH ssh-agent regression in 5.9p1-1: "Could not open a connection to your authentication agent" error
- From: Philip Lowman <philip at yhbt dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:00:09 -0500
- Subject: OpenSSH ssh-agent regression in 5.9p1-1: "Could not open a connection to your authentication agent" error
There appears to be a regression in the most recent OpenSSH cygwin
package (5.9p1-1, built 1/18/2012) related to the ssh-agent program.
The ssh-add program is unable to add SSH keys because the ssh-agent
program doesn't appear to be creating its socket file properly in
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install OpenSSH 5.9p1-1 in Cygwin (or upgrade to it)
2. Run the ssh-agent program spawning a bash shell
? $ ssh-agent bash
3. Run the ssh-add program with no arguments:
? $ ssh-add
4. You will receive the following error message
? ?Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
5. You should be able to confirm that the SSH_AUTH_SOCK environment
variable points to a file that doesn't exist in /tmp
? ?$ env | grep ^SSH
? ?$ ls -l /tmp/ssh*
? ?ls: cannot access /tmp/ssh*: No such file or directory
Workarounds: Downgrade to OpenSSH_5.8p1 using Cygwin's setup.exe.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple