This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dos2unix 5.3.2-1
- From: waterlan <waterlan at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:53:45 +0100
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dos2unix 5.3.2-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
CHANGES SINCE LAST RELEASE:
New upstream release.
* New homepage URL: http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/dos2unix.html
* Compiles for native MSYS.
* Compile with OpenWatcom for DOS32 and Win32.
* Detect code page on OS/2.
* Support wild cards on OS/2.
This is an update of Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and
unix2dos. Benjamin Lin's implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos are
part of several Linux distributions such as RedHat, Fedora, Suse, Gentoo
and others. This update includes all RedHat patches and fixes several
other problems. Internationalization has been added and ports to DOS,
Windows, Cygwin and OS/2 Warp have been made.
Lately this version of dos2unix was also added to Debian, Ubuntu,
Slackware and Arch Linux.
These implementations of dos2unix and unix2dos have been modelled after
dos2unix/unix2dos under SunOS/Solaris. They have similar conversion
modes, namely ascii, 7bit and iso. The first versions were made by John
Birchfield in 1989, and in 1995 rewritten from scratch by Benjamin Lin.
Mac to Unix conversion was added by Bernd Johannes Wuebben in 1998, Unix
to Mac by Erwin in 2010.
* Native language support: Dutch, English, Esperanto, German, Spanish.
* Automatically skips binary and non-regular files
* In-place, paired, or stdio mode conversion.
* Keep original file dates option.
* 7-bit and iso conversion modes like SunOS dos2unix.
license: 2-clause BSD (FreeBSD)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple