This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Tcl/Tk 8.5.11
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 03:07:23 -0600
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Tcl/Tk 8.5.11
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Tcl/Tk has been updated to 8.5.11 with the following important changes:
* Tcl now uses *NIX APIs and will behave like other Cygwin programs with
regards to filename paths, etc.
* Tk (tcl-tk) now uses X11 instead of GDI. This means the following
Tk-based applications now require an X server at runtime:
- gitk and git-gui
- wordview (from the catdoc package)
- Anything using python's tkinter or ruby's tcltk modules.
* The following Tcl extensions are now packaged separately:
* Most packages which used tcltk have been rebuilt and will pull in
whichever tcl packages they now require.
* Any Tcl extensions or applications which you have installed yourself
will need to be rebuilt.
Please report any issues encountered with this upgrade to the Cygwin
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple