Re: File operations really slow in emacs

On Feb 14 16:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> So, even if we fix fstat, it doesn't solve the problem for readdir.  The
> GetFileAttributes call is obviously supposed to find out if the drive is
> accessible.  If not, it's omitted from the cygdrive dir.  Unfortunately...
>
> Does anybody know a system call which allows to fetch the network drive
> state (connected/not connected) without a billion microsecond timeout?

I just looked into this and I really don't see a way.  While there's a
NetUseGetInfo call, which is pretty fast even for unavailable drives,
it's not reliable.  Even if the drive is available again, it can take
minutes in which it still returns a status of "Session lost".  I'm not
sure this is what we want.

Corinna

Red Hat