Re: Fork errors during toolchain build

On 3/15/2012 8:20 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a crosstool chain under cygwin and I keep getting
blocked by fork errors -- in spite of having rebased just before
starting. Oddly, the errors come from scripts, not invocations of
just-built-gcc (which used to be the killer). Unfortunately, this means
there's no obvious culprit to target, because presumably the dlls bash,
sed, etc. use were rebased before the build ever started.

Is there some way I can diagnose more precisely what binaries/dlls are
responsible so I can rebase the right things? I can't rule out the
existence of custom dlls, but I did rebase everything newly-built that I
could find.

Thanks!
Ryan

I assume that for rebasing you are using rebaseall -T your_additional_file_list otherwise you could still have collisions. See "rebase -si" output for details.

Are you sure is not a BLODA problem ?

About fork diagnostics, the latest snapshots have some
improvement, so you can try them

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Regards Marco